Pregnant livebearers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BondStreet

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi There....

In my 75 gallon planted tank I have 3 pregnant livebearers - 1 guppy, 1 black balloon belly molly, and a platy.

My question is, is it better just to leave them in the tank and leave their fry to Darwinism ;) OR should I use a separate fish net breeder. AND, if so, when is it the right time to add the pregnant fish to the net? I am always worried that it might stress them out too much if they are left in the net too long. I just am not sure when they are going to give birth. Their bellys are large right now.

Oy
Thanks!
Bondstreet

This is of no help to you but I have the same situation.Right now she is loose in a community tank and is as big as a house.I have no idea when she will deliver either!I have some new sword fry loose in a plant tank with their mom,11 neons,a pleco,and a pearl gourami.So far no probs.Let us know how you make out.

Thanks....
Hope your situation works out as well. It's always weird with pregnant fish. Don;t know if or when I should separate them. Or should I just leave the fry to the elements.
Oy
Bondstreet

Well my ameca splendens had 7 live babys last night.They are all about an inch long!Still not separated from the other fish but nobody seems to bother with them.Fingers crossed! :D

Wow!
Cool....
Hope they do well...I still have 3 fat livebearers. Don't know when they are gonna pop the kids out.
Bondstreet

The only trhing you have to do for babies is have plenty of plants. Water sprite is one of the best because you can put it on the surface (the first place livebearer babies go) .
Hope your situation works out,
Fishstixs05

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom