Pregnant molly help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarah Guppy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I I've had my fold Molly for 3wks now. Shes ballooning and was wondering if anyone could estimate a rough guide as to how long she has got before going into labour. I want to save the fry

Sarah Guppy said:
I I've had my fold Molly for 3wks now. Shes ballooning and was wondering if anyone could estimate a rough guide as to how long she has got before going into labour. I want to save the fry

image-2872576499.jpg

This is her

Any day now she'll have her babies it looks like. For the babies get live plants like java moss, its an awesome hiding spot. For food its nothing fancy really. Powder some flake food and the'll grow fast. I just feed my whole tank the powdered flake food I don't have to pain stakingly feed them seperatly. The powdered flakes is still flakes every one can eat it! No harm done. Good luck! :)

Well I had blake mollies and they took about 25 days to spawn but I would put yours in a breeder and give her about 1-2 weeks and you will have your fry. Tell me when they are born. Maybe I'm wrong

I have a marble Molly male who keeps nibbling her valve. I'm keeping close eye on her now. How long do u recommend keeping her in there for? Already have the powdered flakes :). Thanx for the advice

My male mollies also nipped at the female when she was pregnant but they do that alot. get her in a breeder net !

neon tetras and corys shouldnt be a problem. female platys right? mine ate my fry, not sure about yours. every molly will eat molly fry. an laternative to a big expensive fancy breeding net is your own fishing net untill you get a bredders net.

Well yea mine eat the fry but just get a breeder net with 2 compartments and something in-between. The fry will fall into the bottom half and be fine. Breeder sticks into your main tank

Ok I'm about to put her into net now. What's the recommended amount of time for her to b in there. I don't want her stressing too much x

She won't spawn immediately but you should change the water they mated when I put them into fry tank so change the water and put her in. She will be stressed but rather get her a little stressed than miss the babies. Good luck!

Mattefect said:
Well I had blake mollies and they took about 25 days to spawn but I would put yours in a breeder and give her about 1-2 weeks and you will have your fry. Tell me when they are born. Maybe I'm wrong

It takes all livebearers 3 to 4 weeks, not 1 or 2.

Anyways give her a few days, she probably is just a bit stressed from the move.

I know they take 3-4 weeks but looking st the picture that he put on she looks like he will give birth in 1-2 weeks!

Mattefect said:
I know they take 3-4 weeks but looking st the picture that he put on she looks like he will give birth in 1-2 weeks!

Ohhhhhh!! Now I understand!

Mattefect said:
Ok kwl, so u think 1-2 weeks or shorter ?

My guess is a week or less. She looks huge in the pic but I think she still needs to square off a little more.

Back
Top Bottom