Pregnant molly?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Candi1990

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had many preg Molly, but this one seems to be too young! I know she isnt 4-5 months old because my other molly gave birth to her. She is in her tank with her 3 other mollies that were born the exact same time (different mothers tho i think). She is much bigger than the others and appear to be prego. Is she too young? What do you think? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389222407.751932.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389222445.462375.jpg

Sorry sat there for 10 min couldnt get a good picture!

Looks like it. Are you wanting to keep the fry?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yes i will remove the 4 mollies in there and let the fry have that tank if she is.

But she is so young! Can they have fry this young?

at this age her fry may not be viable but then again you may have a bunch......I know that maless can reproduce as early as 2 months ......females mostly around 31/2 to4 months......I bought 3 mollies one time and ended up with at least hundred in less than a year with no special precautions to protect the young......gave them all away they will overrun your tank....lol

Your fry survived in the tank? I am always afraid they will get eaten so I put them in a different tank but I never had as many as you.

my tanks have lots of driftwood and plants but alot would make it.......5 or 6 from each batch......after a while it seems like your are getting babies once a week

Back
Top Bottom