pregnant mollys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

damo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my black mollys are 3 maybe 4 weeks pregnant i have a breeding net at wat point should i move them into it to give birth i will post a picture of my 2 female sorry its not as clear as i would like it to be but its the best i can get

my pregnant black mollys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 54
Well it looks like you will have some little fry soon! My black mollie (Miss Molly) gave birth about a month ago. I also had a black/gold molly give birth a week later. I now have 30 new fish! So cute when they are babies!

when should i put them in my breeding net beacuse they have no chance of living if i dont

I waited until they were born before I scooped them up and put them in the breeder tank. I put the mother in with the babies but she was aggressive towards the babies so I took her out and just left the fry in the breeder. After about 6 weeks, I let them go in the big tank and all is well.

I separated the babies into a breeder box.. Left the mum in the main tank and after about a week put the fry in their own tank..
Do you have any plants in your tank ? The babies are very good hiders .. I ended up separating the males from females to control the population .. As i struggled to find new homes for them even though i was giving them away... Sometimes its good to leave them in the tank..survival of the fittest that way you get a few babies not 100's .. I now have 3 tanks running due to mollies and guppies breeding :(

i have about 15 plants in my tank i moved both of them in to my breeding net thats hanging off the inside of my tank they dont seem to active moves around from time to time but will also stay still in one place with their head up and tail down move backwords twitching

Back
Top Bottom