pregnant platy questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trybal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all it's been a while since I have been on here. I think I have a pregnant platy. She seems to be pooping a lot. Sorry for the wording. My question is this. Is this normal? If so how long do I have till she gives birth? She is in a breeding flaring tank for live breeders.

ForumRunner_20130216_181932.jpg

ForumRunner_20130216_181946.jpg

Ok so first off yes she is I think she will be ready in the next few days to week but be sure u don't keep her in the breeding tank for more than about 24 hrs.

Hey all it's been a while since I have been on here. I think I have a pregnant platy. She seems to be pooping a lot. Sorry for the wording. My question is this. Is this normal? If so how long do I have till she gives birth? She is in a breeding flaring tank for live breeders.

View attachment 152699

View attachment 152700

Yes she is prego and will be having batches of fry every month for several months until she uses all the stored sperm....fast as she has them she will be prego pretty much immediately after....and yes platy's are poop machines that is what they do all day long...I have the same color platy you have in your pic...good luck

That's hard when you see her sitting by the plants or by the heater not moving much and her belly will be very squared once u see this I would think its time to move

Squared as in really looking like a square? Tonight Julius is staying one of the plants more than normal. She stays in one spot quite a bit. Is she ready to go into the breeding tank???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom