pregnant platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought some of that, but how soon should I feed them and when should I let them out of the breeder box and into the nursery tank? And how often should I feed them? P.S. thank you for all your help!
That's exactly what i use. It's brilliant food, i used to use the crushed food myself. This is my first batch with this food and i have definitely noticed the difference... If your raising them in the trap/net, not much difference to your other fish really. Just keep their trap clean. When i used the plastic trap, every second or third day, i would put them in a catching net and clean out the trap. Just take a small bit of water from the tank and use it to clean the trap. I feed them 4 times a day, only a pinch. This food is just like powder and i have raised 2 batches of fry with my first packet of this and the pack is still nearly full!!!. I put mine in an old small flake food container...
If your putting them in their own tank, same care, but put a pre-filter sponge on the intake or use some new ladies tights to cover the pipe or internal filter. Stops them getting sucked up...
I have a breeder net in my fry tank and i leave them in there for about 2wks just so they get a good share of the food and build up a bit before going free in the nursery. You could put them straight into the nursery if you wanted, maybe i'm being over cautious but it works for me....

I feed them in the morning, after work, before bed so three times a day I started feeding them right after they were born And i put them in the nursery tank three days after they were born

Thank you again for all your help. So far all 33 survivors are doing great.

Back
Top Bottom