pregnant platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also the tiny white dot by her anal fin, is that her open birth canal? I've read that when they get the dot, they give birth a few days later, is that right? also what is the price of a grow out tank for the fry.

getting the grow out tank today. hopefully she will be less stressed in there. I swear she is deliberately not having them just to annoy me.

also I have a group of 5 neon tetras, when I discovered that one was in fact a cardinal tetra. I had bought two cardinal tetras, not looking at what they were called, realised they needed to be in a group, so bought 4 other neon, thinking they were the same breed. then one cardinal tetra died. they group together mostly, so does it matter if he isn't with his own kind. he gets along really well with the other neons.

I normally use 10g tanks for grow outs, you can get just the glass for about $15-20 and a 50w heater for about another 15-20. That'd be your best option IMo if you don't want to spend a lot of money. Fry don't need light or plants, just give them some natural sunlight and it'll be okay.
The tiny white dot is the birth canal, but I've never heard that if it's visible it's close to time, could very well be true.
I'm sure she isn't holding them just to try to annoy you, but I know the feeling!
And yeah, your neon/cardinal will be fine together. They look very similar so they will be fine schooling togeter

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom