Pregnant platy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

agentamalia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was thinking this platy was pregnant. But she wasn't to big. Then today I noticed this dark spot on her belly is that the gravid spot? I have never had fry before and I don't know what I'm looking for.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427898205.965579.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427898224.129926.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And if so how long does she have typically?

Yup that's the gravid spot. There is a 3-4 week generation period. I'd say you have 2 ish weeks left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So she is pregnant! Thank you I got a net for the babies I'm worried about catching her in time for her to have them in the net. What time of day do they usually give birth do u know?

well your still a ways out, if you look online you can see just how big the mommas can get.

So she is pregnant! Thank you I got a net for the babies I'm worried about catching her in time for her to have them in the net. What time of day do they usually give birth do u know?

No specific time. Don't worry about the babies for now. You got a long ways to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It turns out I have 2 females about the same size with the gravid spot so I'd assume they will pop around the same time

Back
Top Bottom