Prego molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cooleo589

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought a molly today and I know that she is pregnant and I'm pretty sure she is close to dropping because her stomach is squared so should I turn off the filter now that it is nighttime just in case she drops tonight or will that affect the fish I already have in the tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not sure what I could use

Do you have a breeder net of an extra tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I have a 3 gallon nursery with 5 fry in it

Can you put the mom in there?

I rather not. My 5 fry are still small enough to get eaten

I came home today and she was hiding in the plant while my other molly is swimming around fine. Could she be separating herself because she is almost ready to drop?

Attachments

• 1425843609292.jpg
    1425843609292.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 50
That's very likely, although they usually do it during the night. What time is it where you live?

It's 340. I noticed her acting different so I turned off the light and put a towel over the tank. She has started to move a but more and my other female molly has been chasing her around

You can cover you filter intake with nylons or a very fine netting to keep the fry from getting sucked uo

I have the filter off right now because they were born last night and I'm not home but I'm going to move them into the nursery when I get home and turn the filter back on

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom