Prego Platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy.friend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I just bought an aquarium off of someone and surprise when I get there he is also giving us the fishes. I lost one of them that was caught in the substrate made it home but died after. There are tiny Platy but I want to know if one is pregnant and if they would be fine in the little live bearer nursery. Also what would be the best food. I have brine shrimp that I thought could be good.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420337569.950590.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420337594.998280.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420337626.246957.jpg any advice would be helpful because I didn't have time to do proper research before hand. I can't seem to find the dark spot on their belly though.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Wow you actually have a lot that r pregnant especially that grey one. Just remember if you have males in the tank all your females will be pregnant haha. The fun of livebearers!

Good luck!

Tank is life!

Thank you! Those are all rescues so I really wasn't planning on platies but I fell in love with them. I hope I can get the algae problem under control before the fryes are born. Frequent water changes and scrub scrub for now. Thinking about a Pleco to help maybe.

The platys will actually eat the algae and its not bad for the babies either. How many gallons is your tank?

Tank is life!

Oh and this gray one keeps hovering near the top in the same spot for about half an hour. Could it be almost time for fryes ? Or just enjoying a warm current from the heater below?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420424898.134730.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420424898.134730.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom