Pressurized Co2 Finally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jconner3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Because I'm completely awesome I won a 125 dollar gift card to amazon and instead of buying semi important things, that I should go ahead and get the stuff for a relative cheap co2 set up for one of my tanks.

I already have a paintball co2 cylinder so I dont have to buy one.

I want to buy this regulator since its designed for paintball tanks so I dont have to buy an adapter. Opinions? http://www.amazon.com/AQUATEK-OF-CA...d=1349216319&sr=8-1&keywords=aquatek+mini+co2

I have a simple 8 dollar ceramic diffuser but if thats not sufficient I can get a better one.

What else am I missing for a complete setup?

I'm no expert but all I can see off hand would be a bubble counter and some CO2 hose.

One other thing I would also recommend is some type of hold down strap for your CO2 bottle just as a precaution. I used to play paintball and a tank rupture/leaking regulator etc. although uncommon can be very dangerous. Watched a tank fly over 50 feet in the air cause the guy was running tripped and fell and his tank got knocked loose and took off like a rocket for the sky lucky no one got hurt.

I think the regulator comes with a bubble counter and I have silicone tubing if that will work? A friend said I need a drop checker and I need to get a timer, are those necessary?

I think the regulator comes with a bubble counter and I have silicone tubing if that will work? A friend said I need a drop checker and I need to get a timer, are those necessary?

the drop checker isn't mandatory although it is useful.

the timer is so that your CO2 is only being released when the lights are on since the plants don't need it in the dark. I'd say get the timer and run your lights and the solenoid of the timer this why if the lights are on CO2 is on and if lights are off the CO2 is off makes for a very simple setup.

I just got the Aquatek mini regulator for paintball about 3 weeks ago. It's been running pretty well without issues. You just have to make sure you tighten it pretty well on the paintball cylinder with a wrench.

Aquatek has the same regulator on their ebay store for a little bit of a better bargain. It's slighty cheaper and comes with co2 tubing if you get it there. However, since you have a gift card from Amazon... might as well just get it on Amazon.

I'm using the Aquatek with a glass UP-Aqua ceramic diffuser and I'm also using an UP Aqua drop checker [here].

If you get a drop checker, you should also get some 4 dkH reference solution. Some people mix that stuff up themselves. Or you can buy some premixed solution on ebay [here]. To get an accurate reading of your pH (or co2 in the water), you use the solution that comes with the drop checker and the 4 dkH (instead of tank water as the instructions may indicate).

Brian_Nano12g said:
I just got the Aquatek mini regulator for paintball about 3 weeks ago. It's been running pretty well without issues. You just have to make sure you tighten it pretty well on the paintball cylinder with a wrench.

Aquatek has the same regulator on their ebay store for a little bit of a better bargain. It's slighty cheaper and comes with co2 tubing if you get it there. However, since you have a gift card from Amazon... might as well just get it on Amazon.

I'm using the Aquatek with a glass UP-Aqua ceramic diffuser and I'm also using an UP Aqua drop checker [here].

If you get a drop checker, you should also get some 4 dkH reference solution. Some people mix that stuff up themselves. Or you can buy some premixed solution on ebay [here]. To get an accurate reading of your pH (or co2 in the water), you use the solution that comes with the drop checker and the 4 dkH (instead of tank water as the instructions may indicate).

I'm glad the regulator is working out for you. I've been searching the Internet for reviews of it, but I guess it's too new to have more than a few.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom