Prime use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rohansamuel77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is it safe to use prime if there is no ammonia in the water? I have an ammonia test kit (API) and it shows number around 1. But the fish are all doing fine. I have 10 gallon tank with 2 guppies in it for now. I have read that it might be ammonium which i think its safe for fish. But i want to make sure I harm no fish. So my question again is, is it safe to use prime even though there is no ammonia or chlorine in the water?

Prime is just a simple dechlorinator, that's all. It does nothing for ammonia as tests and professionals prove on the web. Only need it when you add water to your tank to neutralize chlorine/chloramine.

PRIME
Is NOT just a dechlorinator. It also takea care of Nitrates, Nitrites and Ammonia. It alao takes care of heavy metals.1594141857037.jpg

Sorry, all that is a lie. Seachem has no evidence, studies or even any chemist that says it does any of that. Here is the proof it does NOT work. Show me the proof is does work.

[FONT=&quot]5.5.3.2. Prime and Safe [/FONT]

Regardless of what it does or doesn't do, no, it is not harmful to your fish.

IMO, if you're seeing ammonia in your tanks a water change should be in order.

Back
Top Bottom