printed literature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herp_mommy

Aquarium Advice Addict
I know we all come here for advice and information, but what about offline? I'm curious to see what types of literature, if any, you all read and collect. I buy several magazines, and have several ID books, as well as handbooks, guides, and even textbooks on discus health, nano-reefs, chemistry, and aesthetics.

Last edited:
I have
My Aquarium - ulrich schloliewen
Aquarium Plants - peter hiscock
The 101 Best Aquarium Tropical Fish(Plants)
and 2 issues of Tropical Fish Hobbyist(mag)
1 issue of Aquarium Fish International(mag)

im going to subscribe to TFH in the future. :)
some stuff I learn in books are diff from what I learn on here, the site.

oh, well heck, if we're listing them....
nah. I've got too many. But I will say that I've got every fish mag (including digital freebies) for the past couple years, one textbook, 5 guides, and 12 or 13 other books. Does anyone also read scientific journals?

herp_mommy said:
oh, well heck, if we're listing them....
nah. I've got too many. But I will say that I've got every fish mag (including digital freebies) for the past couple years, one textbook, 5 guides, and 12 or 13 other books. Does anyone also read scientific journals?

What are the digital freebies??? Lol

lol thats what came in mind first when i read the post.
"i will list all my books!!"

herp_mommy said:
CORAL and AMAZONAS for ipad and iphone, free app and free issues.

totally awesome.

I've got the coral app. But it doesn't update new editions. :(

Amazonas is free online? I thought you had to buy a subscription to view entire issues online. Hmmm, I'll have to do that. Why pay when you can get it free, right?

I read issues of Tropical Fish Hobbyist, and AFI (until it just got cancelled) and Amazonas.

I have a small library of reference books, maybe 20 or so, and always grab more when I can off Amazon.com and Ebay. Lots of TFH books are in those, and four of the Baensch Aquarium Atlases (Freshwater 1-3 and Marine Atlas 1).

I also collect the older aquarium books, like ones with pictures of chrome rimmed tanks, tanks with slate bottom and people rigging up bulbs and heating pads underneath tank to heat them. I really get a kick out of seeing that old school stuff. I'll have to find the book that shows aquarists 100 years ago using candles under tanks for heat.

I read tropical fish keeping, couldn't believe it today when I read it they might be banning apple snails in the uk!!

Back
Top Bottom