prizm protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have not had any personal experince with the Prizim but from what I have heard, it not too great. You may want to look into the Bak-Pak or Remora C skimmers as an alternative.

I have heard the same, but have o experience.

I had one, didnt get it to work right ever. Actually at first i thought it was a filter cuz it didnt do anything. The bubble chamber is so tiny and the adjustment wheel is so... imprecise... i either got no action, or total overflow

I have been using a Prizm for over a year in my 55gal FOWLR. It certainly works but it is loud and I have my doubts about how effective it is verse other skimmers.

I would spend the extra money and get a Bak-Pak or Remora C. I wish I did.

Patrick

I have a pro prizm on my 125g. It is the bigger module that says it rated for 300g. I didn't like mine at first because it was loud and I had to constanly regulated it to get any skim mate. It went out because of the impeller broke. I replaced the impeller ( manufactor replaced it for free) and now it is working like a charm. No noise and lots of skim mate. No adjusting. Maybe it was a faulty impeller all along!!!!! I also have read that they have a break in period. At any rate I am now a happy camper.

just to mention it, I run a coralife super skimmer on my 30 gallon tank, and I *thought* it worked well...

...until I hooked up my Aqua-C EV180 on my 150gallon tank. That thing is flat-out amazing, it compleatly puts my superskimmer to shame.If all Aqua-C products work equally efficiently, I'd get an aqua-c for whatever size you need (probably a remora if your looking at a prizm)

Back
Top Bottom