Probably Too Late, BUT>>>>

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdrake

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Naso Tang that has not been eating very well for that last week or so. Last night he was staying in one place and not feeding with the other fish. This morning he moved to a hiding place and remains very still.
Water parameters were pretty good last night- only elevation was Nitrates at 20 ppm.

Any advice on this fish? My plan is to quarantine him this afternoon if he is still alive. Add supplements to his food.

Anyone have any luck with a really sick fish?

NitrAtes above 20 will cause problems. I would QT and soak his food in garlice extreme/selcon and zoe.

I have never been able to sucessfully QT a fish. I have a 10 gal. tank to do this - how often and how much would you do in a WC

Keep in mind, you will need to cycle your QT. In a 10G, I would check water levels daily and do PWCs as needed. I would keep about 20-30G of premixed water, so you can just add it as you need it.

Can you tell if he has ich on him. Sugar like grains on his body. Is he breathing heavy.

Back
Top Bottom