Problem with chat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bound_for_obx

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am having some problems signing on to chat this evening. I reinstalled the JAVA software thinking that maybe the problem was/is on my end and I still wasn't able to gain access. Has anybody else had problems tonight or is the problem on my end?

Hi Bound_for_obx:

I am going to need more information regarding this problem you seem to be encountering.

I will send you a PM with the information that i will require. I do know that there have been some people coming and going later on in the day from the time of this post.

Thanks

This is interesting, I'm getting this message:

Connect retry #54 irc.fdfnet.net (6667)
-
* Unable to connect to server (Software caused connection abort)

I cannot get into chat either. :(

Appears the particular server we are trying to connect is offline. I was not able to connect yesterday either.

Ok ... some more answers. As it turns out you are all being redirected to a server that is now offline for some reason. I would encourage you all to connect to this server via the java applet OR mIRC or whatever other chat service you use.

ibusy.fdfnet.net and use the port 6669

As it turns out, the general fdfnet server (irc.fdfnet.net) has been eliminated because it was causing problems. Through some intensive upgrades that have been going on, that was one of the issues that they encountered and henceforth was taken offline. Now i am not exactly sure as to what really happened with it redirecting you to a bad server but that is what is happening. I would have posted sooner but my modem and ISP have been giving me problems over the past few days and i couldn't stay connected to the net for more then 2 minutes it seemed.

If you are all still experiencing problems, please send me a PM with the error you are getting (copy and paste would be the best) and i will do my best to help you diagnose it.

Thanks for all your help SLB! I was able to access chat this evening through the Java Applet that AA provides.

Back
Top Bottom