Problem with wet/dry filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stratmaster

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a problem with my wet/dry filter. I have two internal overflow boxes and one of them seems to have a rapid fluxuation in water level. It keeps going up and down, up and down and making this girgle/bubble noise. Also the flow of the water going into the sump is not a smooth flow. It goes from flowing a ton to only a little bit of water flowing into the sump. So on top of the annoying bubble noise I'm hearing there is not a steady flow and it's driving me crazy.
It just started last night, I've had the tank for three years and have never encountered this before. Also cleaned out the return pump and it is working fine so I don't believe it is that. Any ideas?

Steve

Ever run a cleaning brush down your overflow tubing? sounds like it may be gunked up, or you may have gotten a snail or something down there clogging it up.

Actually no I've never tried that, maybe I'll give that a try. Could it be that I just put two new powerheads in the aquarium? Could they be messing up the flow of the water going into the overflow box?

Steve

Back
Top Bottom