problems with peppered cory possibly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Snype2live

Aquarium Advice Freak
i know this is just me being irrational again but i have a 29 gallon marine land kit with 2 three lined corys and 6 peppered coryys and 11 endlers and my peppered corys just seem to be doing odd stuff they shoot up to the top like they gonna breath but just sit there for a min looking at the top then swim right back down to the bottom is this normal? are they just being social and looking at all the bubbles on the top of the water ( i been dosing with melafex and stress coat for 2 days as 2 endlers and the 6 peppers are new to the tank and the bottles say to treat for three days to stop any infection before it starts ....tank completely cycled ammonia and nitrite been at zerro for a month now nitrates well yall know how they are they fluxuate

Nitrates shouldn't fluctuate? Mines been steady at 20ppm for months. May go up to 25ppm if I don't PWC over a week.

And yes, that's normal. They are getting used to their surroundings. Most new fish do this on one end of the tank, some for a minute, some for a month. Did you turn the lights off for the first 24hrs after you put them in? With proper drip acclimate too I assume.

mine go to zero after water change and go up to 20 in a week week with out water change i dont mean they went up and down i just ment as i do water changes they go up and down as i change the water at a week

mine never really get that high and my tap water carries 0 nitrates so at a week if i do 50% water change normally that gets rid of all but very trace ammounts of nitrate ( not readable on api master test kit)

Back
Top Bottom