Progress Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuOD

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here's a progess slideshow for my tank.

Unfortunately I don't have any new pics as of last 2 weeks. they will be added soon

LINK

Nice looking tank. Well you answered my question as to, if tuxedo urchins carry around snails.

roka64 said:
Nice looking tank. Well you answered my question as to, if tuxedo urchins carry around snails.

Those are empty shells. As far as I can tell the tuxedo urchin isn't strong enough to pull a snail off.

They do carry tons of rubble/empty shells and most annoying -- if it happens to go by your veggie clip it will pull the entire sheet with it

Here are some updated pics. Much more will be added later when the MH come on :)

PICS

I got the smaller yellowhead jawfish first and fell in love with him, so I decided to get a second one (I heard they will fight playfully). BUT they have decided to become friends/pair and now spend every single second together.

Also, initially the small jawfish would only scoop sand at the front but now that they are together they swim around the entire tank like regular fish. They also managed to kill 4-5 of my hairy mushrooms (I think they poured sand on them).

Yellowhead jawfish is also known as yellowhead sleeper goby and blue cheek goby.

Trust me they are stronger than you think, mine is carrying around my old hydrometer, in my Gallery.

Thanks for the kind words! Here are updated pics :)

ALL!

As you can see I really like my two jawfish :) The blurry picture is one of my 2 pistol shrimp. I've never seen the other one and that one basically doesn't come out.

Very nice tank. What kind of jawfish are those? They have some at the LFS.

Marc118 said:
Very nice tank. What kind of jawfish are those? They have some at the LFS.

radium goby, aka yellow head sleeper goby aka gold head sleepery goby aka blue cheek goby aka yellowhead jawfish

I love them! I guess mien is a mated pair!

What is thier behavior like? They look really cool. I may get a pair.

they swim around together all day spitting sand. all around the top/bottom of the tank. EVERYWHERE. more than any other fish I have. they're my favorite :)

Here are a few closeups! CLICK images for full size

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Here are a few better macros!

Purple Finger Leather
original.jpg

H. Crispa
original.jpg

Bleached Purple Monti
original.jpg

Purple Haze Monti Danae
original.jpg

Tuxedo Urchin
original.jpg

(yellow or green) Finger leather (not sure... it's pretty pale in color, pale green glow under actinic)
original.jpg

Sand Polyps
original.jpg

Hairy Mushrooms
original.jpg

Blue/Orange Ricordea
original.jpg

Moon Coral
original.jpg

Marc118 said:
What zoos are those? Watermelon? Nice pics.

I bought them as sand polyps - don't know anything more.

BTW, click on pics for full size

I run a huge resolution so I see full size by default. But man....how much did you pay for those? I remember a while back those going for $20 a polyp! I think they are a lot cheaper now though...i think they are like $40 for a 6-10 polyp frag....nice zoos none the less. Wouldnt mind some myself.

Marc118 said:
I run a huge resolution so I see full size by default. But man....how much did you pay for those? I remember a while back those going for $20 a polyp! I think they are a lot cheaper now though...i think they are like $40 for a 6-10 polyp frag....nice zoos none the less. Wouldnt mind some myself.

The "sand polyps" I listed?? Like the green things with the 1 red one?

I paid $28CDN for the whole colony... they don't seem to grow fast:

original.jpg

Back
Top Bottom