Propagating java fern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tony_540

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys/girls! I wanted to know when I would have to remove the baby plants off of the mother leaf? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397283623.436599.jpg

Java fern propagate by growing baby plants from the mothers mature leaves. I just let it get 3 or 4 leaves and some roots and then just pull it off and tie it on

Sorry, for wrong info. I just did a hatchet job on my own my own java ferns. (I'll check my new book b4 posting plant help again. )

The rhizome will grow and new leaves will come from it but for new baby plants they grow on mature leaves

Thanks, for clairification. Yeah, mine had long rhizomes and leaves. I think I threw one of those babies out thinking it was brown hair algae that strangled a leaf. Now, I know to keep and replant. Thank you, both!

I just clip a part of the leaf off the mother plant, tie it to a rough surfaced rock so the babies roots can grow on it. I'm still experimenting so I'll let u know how it goes

Back
Top Bottom