Proper Feeding? Am I Doing It Right?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I feed my 3 angels every other day with flakes and live bloodworms. Is this enough? I asked my local LFS and one told me every 3 days, and the other said every day. I figured I would do the middle of what they advised so i am not overfeeding.

I feed every day, though it won't do any harm feeding every other day.
have you tried small chopped earthworms to feed your Angels, they love
them, chop them with a razor blade and rinse under running water, then
drop into the tank, remove any uneaten pieces.

Pete

I feed a bit in the morning and a bit in the evening, but I do have quite a lot of fish for a 50 gallon tank, and I don't feed much. Silver Dollars in particular can eat and eat and eat, especially peas - they eat those badboys whole!

I do think I overfeed though, I seldom deliberatly miss days, maybe I should.

How about goldfish? I added my 2 Ryukin goldies to my angel tank. Before I moved them I was feeding them daily. Should I add feeding everyday for all the fish using flakes and keep the worms to every other day?

How big are the angels. For probably 90% of fish, every other day is perfectly fine (that's what I do)... That said, young angels do benefit from small frequent feedings, along with frequent water changes. If they're adult angels, then every other day will be just fine.

The warmer the water you keep them in the more often you feed. Every other day is fine except for sensitive fish or fish from very warm waters.

Back
Top Bottom