pros & cons / 20 gallon long vs tall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticBob

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am considering a 20 gallon Bloodfin Tetra/Albino Cory community aquarium. However, I am not sure which aquarium to purchase. Should I purchase a 20 gallon long aquarium, or a 20 gallon tall aquarium? Or, does it even matter for these two species?

-AquaticBob

I would go for the 20 long with those fish in mind. They swim more side to side then up and down. The Cory's are bottom dwellers so really more bottom the better for them.

What else do you plant to have? If anything

@ ddodad - If I include anything else I will include an Apple Snail, but nothing more.

-AquaticBob

20 long is almost always going to be better than a 20 high for most fish. Now, I don't really like the short and stubby look of a 20 long so I would rather go with a 29, which is the same footprint as the 20 long only taller.

@ Laser - I have already considered that, and may still purchase a 29 gallon. I was hoping the 20 gallon tall would be everyone's pick since the 20 gallon long appears a little oddball in my opinion. If I purchase a longer aquarium opposed to the 20 gallon tall I will probably choose the 29 gallon.

-AquaticBob

Breeder/Long versions of tanks are awesome and I always prefer them over the tall, somewhat wasted, space on the top. Sure, it's more.water..but if you have a good WC schedule and filteration you should be fine

Back
Top Bottom