Protein Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trantman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I am going away on holiday for a few days and have a temperamental skimmer and I do not want to put my neighbour who will be feeding for me through any unnecessary hassle, will it be okay to turn the skimmer off for a few days say from 10.00am Wed until 7.00pm Friday?

Shouldn't be to much of an issue for that period of time but if you're really worried about water quality just do a good sized water change before you go

Thanks for that I am still trying to get used to the feeding myself I am unsure if I am giving them enough. They lap up the brine shrimp but are rubbish at the pellets they just sink to the bottom. ..bought some mysis shrimp are they okay on shrimp food all the time? There is little interest in the pellets and flake food just gets blown about by the powerheads.

Thanks for that I am still trying to get used to the feeding myself I am unsure if I am giving them enough. They lap up the brine shrimp but are rubbish at the pellets they just sink to the bottom. ..bought some mysis shrimp are they okay on shrimp food all the time? There is little interest in the pellets and flake food just gets blown about by the powerheads.
I turn off my power heads during feeding time. It seems to make the pellets and flakes more accessible to the fish.

Back
Top Bottom