Protozin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am treating my 47 gallon with waterlife protozin. I have seen nearly all the species in my tank rubbing on something now. I have also noticed white spots on a few of my harlequins. When I say whitespots I mean very tiny shiny dots like a pixel on a tv. They are not on the fins but in the centre of the body and no more than 2 in each fish some only have one.

At first I thought I was flukes so started teating with sterazin. When I noticed the spots I increased temp gradually which is now touching 30ºc and started with protozin. Its the third day today and have noticed flashing more than ever. Is the because the parasite is moving in discomfort due to the meds causing irritation to the fish? The white spots are still visible, id have thought they'd have at least fallen off by now. Could the parasite be becoming resilient to the meds or will it take longer?

These are strong meds and I dont know what to do if this doesnt work. I could start the sterazin again after the protozin? Also should mention I have tried api general cure thinking it was internal.

I cant add salt because if cory's

Parameters are
Temp 29ºc
Ph 7.5
Ammonia 0ppm
Nitrite 0ppm
Nitrate 5ppm

Im going to do another nitrate test now just incase its faulty or I didn't shake well enough.

I have been feeding normally and keeping the lights on which I shouldnt as I know the parasite uses photosynthesis? So far I have lost a femake ram (think brought the problem in) a gourami a cory and an otto (had internal bleeding on underside) could this have been caused be protozin?

Both ram and gourami went very thin and almost transucent, stayed at the top gasping for air and had stringy white poop, this is what made me suspect internal parasite no rubbing either.

Any other suggestions or should I hang in there? Rasbora are realky irritated at moment doing a yawning movement with their mouths and staying still then moving erratically. They rarely shoal now either and are seperated.

Please help

Sent from my SM-T210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom