Pruning Anubias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DSenn

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all

Simple question really...I am currently growing your typical anubias. I am not sure exactly which kind it is, but it is a usual 'PetSmart/Petco'. I was wondering when pruning if one should just snip the stalk at the base of the rhizome. I assume this is the only way to do it, but I wasn't sure if there were any tricks or ways of pruning that could damage the rhizome. I'm not too worried about it because these plants are nearly impossible to kill, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks

All the leaves grow from the rhizome, so if you wish to remove a leaf, just snip the stem of the leaf above the rhizome. If you want to turn one plant into two, get a very sharp knife and cut the rhizome in between leaves.

All the leaves grow from the rhizome, so if you wish to remove a leaf, just snip the stem of the leaf above the rhizome. If you want to turn one plant into two, get a very sharp knife and cut the rhizome in between leaves.
make sure each section still has at least 2-3 leafs 4-5 is preferred.

Back
Top Bottom