Pseudotropheus Saulosi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rare

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I like these guys... They are the smallest in the aquarium but hold their own & are very smart when it's time to eat. They are the first to start eating the food cube. They hit the cube & run the other direction and all the cichlids follow them and then they dart fast back the other way and start eating again. Once the Yellow lab find then it's a party. The Jalo Reef just pick what comes to them and they really dont hit the surface if at all...Bottom and mid is where they stay and sometimes they hit the cube & it's like a kid hitting pinata at a party and all the candies falling out!

Now, I got 6 of these guys very small so didnt know what I had but one has started out growing all of them and believe he is the male. He has the jewel & start to get some color on his fins. They are very fast and hard to take pics. not like the the Jalo Reef that loves talking pics...so it's hard to get pics of these guys. If a male he will be a stud with 5 females.

img1628eb.jpg

img1532e.jpg

img1660s.jpg

img1626mi.jpg

Out of the whole group I bought they were the smallest. I didnt think they will make it since the Jalo Reef & Yellow Labs were close to 2+inch. They are strong.... Two of the yellow labs I got now are bigger in a short time. Nice black fins and strong too...Still the king of thank is Bob Marley the Jalo Reef. There is another male in there that shows his bright colors when is not around and as soon as the king comes his colors fade away. I'm having a hard time with these and finding out the rest of the 4 what they are male or female. I believe one is a female...when they get larger I will vent them.

Look at what to stok in my next project and looking forward to that one

Back
Top Bottom