Puffer Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterNuB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just added a porcupine puffer yesterday. He seemed fine, this morning I woke up and found him stuck under 1 of my power heads. I shut the power head of and he swam away. No he has this huge hump on his back... Has this happened to anyone else? Will he be ok? What do I do...?

image-1461293945.jpg

Let him heal on his own. If you see any open wound, then qt and use external antibiotic medicine.

Ok, there aren't any noticeable open wounds. Just scales gone. I feel bad for the little guy. I'll keep an eye on him. Do you know if they bounce back pretty fast? Thanks T.

Im not sure. I have never followed up on the puffers that get stuck in the powerhead. For such an active puffer, I would think he would go back to normal behavior within 1 week.

It happened to me once and I've seen countless other post on the same issue

Check out pufferforum it's a site dedicated to them. I sure hope its okay. Just remember young puffers and powerheads don't mix

Thanks for the advice. Since I got home his bump has gone away. I unplugged both of my AquaClear 50 & 70 power heads. He's been hiding behind the rocks a lot this evening. Hopefully he snaps back to his normal self.

Wow glad the bump went away already. When it happened to mine it was a terrible looking wound. If I was you I would try not to cause any stress to him for a couple days. He probally is not going to eat soon either

Ok I'll just let him be. He ate a couple shrimp this evening. I also dropped 2 clams in there. I guess he'll eat them when he's ready. Did yours make it? Yeah his bump was crazy. I'm surprised he didn't puff out.

One would think that our puffer wouldn't want anything to do with this power head that nearly killed him, but it seems like he enjoys being right by it. I found this cone shaped filter for it. Seems to cut back on the draw in.

image-4108736043.jpg

L.S and crushed coral. He's looking great, made it through the night with the new filter on. He's been so interactive. Even started to eat our of my hand. Pretty cool .

substrate

Sorry what does the LS stand for and am gled you lil fella id better I love my Puffers they have suh great personalities:)

Back
Top Bottom