Puffers!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ebjornsgard

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've only had my Pea puffer for a few weeks, but he has definitely become my favorite fish. He is so smart and funny to watch.

He was shy for a while, but now when I put the food in the tank he doesn't let it hit the substrate alive.

IMG_2844.jpg
IMG_2882.jpg

I would love to see anyone else's puffers, especially dwarfs. Also, if anyone has any advice, this is my first non-community, more difficult fish.

Is he brackish or fresh? I have one in a Biube. He loves to hover over snails like the Death Star. He also loves Grindal worms. IMG_2879.jpg

This is actually a older post, this puffer sadly died from parasites a while ago. I have my second puffer, who is the same kind, pea puffer, alone in a 5 gallon tank. I have very few pictures because he's shy. Pea puffers are the smallest, completely freshwater puffer.

TMaier, your puffer is adorable.

I lost my first puff. It was brackish and I had no idea. I have had Igor for 6 months now. So far so good.

That's similar for me, except I didn't realize how often the puffers have internal parasites when wild caught, as most are. My first one had just come to the pet store the day before, and I didn't know much about internal parasites until too late. This second one had been at the pet store (a reputable one) for over 3 weeks, and wasn't showing any signs. Besides being super shy, and super tiny, "Button" is doing great.
IMG_3824.jpg

Here's the best picture I have of him. I was cleaning his tank, so I put him in a specimen container and into my 20 gallon so he didn't get stressed.

Back
Top Bottom