Pulsing Xenia looks wilted and discolored

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DJLiquid

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is the second day in the tank and basically flying at half mast (withered looking) darker color then in the LFS and not pulsing. I have it under moderate/high water flow. All water levels/parameters are good. Is it dying or just adjusting to the tank? Is this common for this coral to behave this way? All my other corals behaved/looked just like they did in the tanks at the LFS when I placed them in mine.

I can't say I have any idea what it's doing, but I can share my experience with xenia. I bought a 4 inch flat rock covered in xenia stalks that "died" about 3 days after. (they looked withered and dark for those 3 days). About a week after, the rock started to sprout little lavendar "nubs". I now have the 4 inch flat "dead" rock alive, plusing, and gorgeous. I am just waiting on it to spread. Good luck!

I dosed with a little Kent Nano Reef and they are up and looking good. Not pulsing yet but looking more like they should.

You would think the weekly PWC`s would not make it necessary to add the kent product. I dont have any idea except are the Xenia near the leather coral. That`s the only problem with a leather in a small tank. When they feel they are being threatened they produce chemical warfare to cause the coral to back off. Just guessing now.

You were right. I moved the toad stool and the xenia just opened up. They are now on opposite sides of the tank of each other.

UPDATE- Xenia now looks bigger and better then when it was in the LFS and is pulsing! It also divided itself in two and is now on two different rocks. Wow! This stuff really does grow!

Back
Top Bottom