Pump Flooded The Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qsar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I have an EF2+ All pong solutions pump, for some reason it has started to leak and I have no clue why. It is leaking between where the body and head attach.

I have taken a look and the rubber rings around it seem to be okay, but I guess they arent if it is leaking.

I am new to this, but should the entire pump be able to be filled fully without leaking, regardless of its position? (Upside down, right way up, etc)?

This is causing a world of pain for me right now

image to show where leak is: https://imgur.com/Py95MQy

A canister filter shouldnt leak when full of water.

Try emptying the baskets of media so you can ensure the lid is fitted properly, run it and see if it still leaks. Perhaps you have overfilled with media and it is preventing the lid from properly sealing.

Thanks, I forgot to mention I had tried this, it seems like theres an issue, especially around the clasps/clips

have just tried some plumbing tape and vaseline, still not sorted, leaking not as much but any leak is an issue.

My worry here is if I use vaseline, how long is it before it breaks and I have a flood on my hands.

Any suggestions for pumps that aren't crap?

Those filters have a good reputation.

I use Fluval canisters, never had an issue i cant live with. Eheim have a very good reputation.

What size aquarium?

unless I am setting it up wrong some how, I have tried taking out the stack, still leaks, taping and vaseline on the head, still leaks. One of the clips seems "loose" but its leaking on all.

Tank is 400l, looking online now at some other pumps, will take a look at fluval, unless you have a specific model you prefer?

You are kind of between a fluval 407 and a fluval fx4. I would probably be going with 2 fluval 407s for some redundancy. Look for a filter rated for double your aquarium capacity.

Thanks! I will do some shopping, sadly wont be able to keep this pump. Might list on ebay for parts/not working and let someone who is a bit more clued up work with it!

Back
Top Bottom