Purchasing the correct products for planted aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

razorsedgeinc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good day, I am in the process of purchasing products to set up a planted aquarium. I have been researching all over the internet and I have learned quite a lot, but I have also been left a bit confused over the best products for a well planted and aquascaped aquarium. At the moment I am not going to set the aquarium up but I am ready to purchase all of the necessities I will need, ie: The aquarium, lighting, filtration, CO2, substrate, driftwood, rocks, etc...
I would like an aquarium of at least 100 gallons not to exceed 250 gallons. Lighting and filtration I would like to purchase what would be best and ideal to suit all material. Basically I'm looking to get the best, but still to keep external aesthetics in mind. Substrate the same, what would be considered the best? Driftwood and rocks, again with internal aesthetics in mind. I do not know where to begin and hope this forum can start me in the right direction on what is the best and where I can purchase these items. Thank you all in advance for any help you can give me.

For lighting do a search for BML(BuildMyLed) for your lighting..
An FX5 for filtration
GLA(Green Leaf Aquariums) for all fertilizer,co2& substrate needs

A couple koralia powerheads(i like the alternating flow a wavemaker controller provides).
sit in silence...

No I have no budget, this is just a hobby aquarium, but I'd prefer to get the best products within reason to ensure the best results and success.

I would like the get the best lighting possible, but because of where the aquarium will be located it has to be minimally obtrusive. (Easier to cover) But again there is no budget, I just want to get the right products. Thank you all again...

Back
Top Bottom