Purple/black hornwort and gravel???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jordana12903

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I have a 10 gallon tank with 3 serpae tetras and 3 zebra danios. They are all healthy and happy. My hornwort though is black and some are turning purple. My gravel has black stuff on it too (no matter how many times I try cleaning the tank, these issues continue to persist). Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Last edited:
I’m having trouble picturing that but it sounds like it’s just rotting. A picture might help but probably you need to get that hornwort out ASAP! (Hornwort is prone to melting if it isn’t happy.)

Have you checked water parameters lately? If so what were they? (If it is rotting plant material it could throw you into a mini cycle.)

I’ll add some pics. I haven’t tested the water recently I ran out of strips but I’ll borrow some from my cousin asap.

sorry if i’m posting the same thing multiple times my wifi is being weird

I’ll check the water parameters in a few days when I can get a test strip (I ran out and the stores are closed today for Family Day)

Back
Top Bottom