Put a face to the screen name - Post your selfie!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not fair! Need more northeast AA people :p
We will make them jealous next time Andy comes to Maine to fish!
His link works for me!(Like his info and advice!)
Maybe next time it could be a group photo!!
"Old guys and the next generation?"

41382-albums14228-picture68020.jpg

Yeah come to Maine fishing again sometime! I know some good spots way up north. And if you like to catch eels! (I sure do)

Greetings from, Texas!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That's me, I barely take selfies but thats okay :)

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1441481399695.jpg
    1441481399695.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 201
Does anyone else find it weird that the only people on this thread are "The Regulars"?

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Does anyone else find it weird that the only people on this thread are "The Regulars"?

This kind of feeds into what I've been saying about getting advice on the internet. When it's a faceless person ( or machine) spitting out advice, they have nothing to lose by being wrong. What qualifies them to be giving advice? I stake my reputation ( something I spent many years developing) with everything I post. My real name and location are on my avatar. My work history exceeded the space limit in my bio. I had no problem posting a pic of myself in my album long before this thread was started. I can give names and numbers today of people still in the business who can verify most everything I say. ( Some of the older ones are dead now so to be accurate, I couldn't say EVERYTHING ;) :brows: ) I only wish the newer newbies understood this. :(

It's probably because the "regulars" know this site and the people who frequent it.
I certainly feel more comfortable posting my face now that I know who goes here generally.
And yes it's Internet, the entire planet can see it forever, but still I think it comes down to more of a psychological sense of security.
And what Andy said :)

Let's see if we can list the regulars that are missing from here. All I can think of right now are Delapool and Fresh2o. Maybe cgthebeast or 54seaweed.

It's probably because the "regulars" know this site and the people who frequent it.
I certainly feel more comfortable posting my face now that I know who goes here generally.
And yes it's Internet, the entire planet can see it forever, but still I think it comes down to more of a psychological sense of security.
And what Andy said :)

Good point!

Back
Top Bottom