put clowns in last ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So...I want to buy a pair of clowns for my new 20 gallon tank. My LFS told me if I want other fish I should get them first because clowns can get territorial. Is this true ?

Yes, they are very territorial, but you probably are not adding more than a couple more fish in a 20g. What is the stocking gameplan?

Well.
This is my first salt water tank so I don't want to go too crazy and I know I'm limited because it is only twenty gallons. I would like maybe a shrimp or two and maybe some crabs. Really don't know what other type of fish would be suitable for this size tank..Goby maybe...

Look at websites like liveaquaria.com to get ideas. They give minimum tank sizes, compatibility charts, etc.

Its usually best to add fish from least aggressive to most aggressive and same idea with territorial fish.

TheTodd said:
Look at websites like liveaquaria.com to get ideas. They give minimum tank sizes, compatibility charts, etc.

Its usually best to add fish from least aggressive to most aggressive and same idea with territorial fish.

+1. A clown pair and maybe a goby/ pistol pair?

Back
Top Bottom