Put my bully in time out..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Is this ok, my cobalt zebra has been chasing everyone a lot. So I decided to put him in here for a while. Is this ok, how long slash should I leave him in here?

ForumRunner_20130813_150454.jpg

If he is the dominate fish giving him a time out will not change that, change you decor around create a new scape and new hiding spots and let them establish new territories

Is this ok, my cobalt zebra has been chasing everyone a lot. So I decided to put him in here for a while. Is this ok, how long slash should I leave him in here?

My cobalt zebra has bully tendencies, luckily the Auratus keeps him in line.

That didn't work for me with my auratus after almost a day, but worth a try it might calm him down but like what was said before try rearranging the decor, try doing it at night so when your done it's dark.

In a way I did lol chasing him around the tank he had a few scales missing after Lmao.

Haha, Ya they're quick. I finally trapped mine in a cichlid stone, had the net in front of the hole for thirty minutes easy. He wouldn't come out, finally he did and I got him. This was after I took him out of "timeout". He didn't learn anything. I took him to my lfs, I think I'm gonna start getting rid of my mbunas..

Naw it wasn't fun took me a good 15 getting that little bastard, he's back in the main tank and still chases but my red zebra is the one he can't top so he's been keeping him in check. And nooo don't get rid of em lol

I don't want to, I like them. But it's to stressful mixing peacocks and mbunas

my cobalt blue zebra was doing the same thing. The way I fixed was by re-arranging the tank scape and adding more cichlids to the tank.

I have learned in my experience, when African Cichlids get aggressive, add more it chills them out

my cobalt blue zebra was doing the same thing. The way I fixed was by re-arranging the tank scape and adding more cichlids to the tank.

I have learned in my experience, when African Cichlids get aggressive, add more it chills them out

Ya, that's one way to go about it. Some people say though, if you stock the tank correctly you shouldn't have to over stock

Yea mixing mbuna and peacocks will be a battle I would do one or the other

Back
Top Bottom