PWC Fish out or fish in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mixer

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I have this water changer and I like it, but Do I take out the fish to do the PWC? I'm a little confused about how could I add water straight from the tap with fish still in the tank. Do I figure out my prime dosage for the water going in and pre-dose the remaining water?

How do you use your water changer?

Leave the fish in and treat the water for the volume of the tank. Make sure to temp match.

Ok so take out 50% then dose the remaining water at 100% of volume, then use the water changer to put the 50% back in.

Mixer said:
Ok so take out 50% then dose the remaining water at 100% of volume, then use the water changer to put the 50% back in.

Yup you got it : )

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Awesome, that worked great and was much less stressful on me and the fish, since I didn't have to chase them all over my tank with the net.

Thanks guys for the help for this poor newbie.

Mixer

Reactions: HN1
Ok so I have this water changer and I like it, but Do I take out the fish to do the PWC? I'm a little confused about how could I add water straight from the tap with fish still in the tank. Do I figure out my prime dosage for the water going in and pre-dose the remaining water?

How do you use your water changer?

fill a bucket up with water and treat the bucket, saves prime and no untreated water ever hits your aquarium, no "dead" spots possible where the prime hasnt mixed in your tank where you add it tap to tank

Mixer said:

I do it exactly this way. Has worked flawlessly.

Reactions: HN1
Back
Top Bottom