PWC methods ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Allright, Got an Aqueon version of the Python and Hey It seems to work well. I did a large change today and it worked well, I also read Nitrates today so hopefully it wont be long untill I test it Live per say with Fish.
Just waiting for some 0 Ammo readings.

mdawg75 said:
Ok ive got a gravel Vac for my 55 gal FW African Cichlid tank. My tank is on a stand and too high to dump a 5,10 or more gallon container of treated tap water into my tank. So is a pitcher and pouring in water the way to go or how do you all do this type of thing????

I do a 20 gal ( approximate) every week and use 4 x 20 ltr (5 gal) buckets. I have marked my tank with the level of water to siphon out, and do so with a long hose directly out the front door. while that is siphoning I fill the buckets. I mix in rift lake conditioners and stress zyme and to get the temp right I use a thermometer, however with experience I just feel it now. After the tank has drained to the pre marked level and I have prepared my water I place all buckets at the foot of the tank. Now rather than lifting them ( I did at first but soon got over it) I use a 2000 ltr/ h powerhead and hose and place it in one bucket, turn it on and it fills my tank, I just keep topping up the powerhead bucket with the other three buckets. Takes me 30 mins from start to finish....

Kenny ,
thoughtful like an engineer huh, I am not technical nor anything like that so I went with the Idiot proof :) way of it and so far it seems to do well.
I am Going with Peacock Cichlids for sure.

Back
Top Bottom