Python and outdoor hose bib?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

imsosure

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just started my first tank (29 gal) and have been using a pretty standard gravel vac for water changes.

I have seen several posts recommending the Python for water changes and I have a question about it's use.

My kitchen faucet does not have the kind of spout which I could connect to and I'm wondering if the Python can connect to an outdoor hose bib.

My tank is located close to where the outside faucet is and it would be a convenient location if the Python will work with it.

You sure about the kitchen faucet?

Usually the spout that is on there will unscrew, just get a pair of pliers and something to put in between the pliers and the faucet so that you don't scratch the faucet. Your python should come with a little copper adapter piece so that you can hook into a kitchen faucet.

I'm not sure about the outdoor thing. I've never done it, and i don't have my python anymore.

Welcome to AA!

Yes, the Python can be connected to a hose or outdoor spigot. My only concern is when you try to refill the tank. The outside spigot most likely will not let you alter the temperature of the water being introduced back into the tank. Have you tried taking off the end piece of the faucet? Are the threads internal?

thanks for the replies. I totally spaced out on the hot/cold water thing. I normally fill into a bucket and check the temp with a thermometer prior to putting it back in the tank.

I'll do some more investigation on the sink.

I also checked with support at Python. They were quick to respond and had similar comments.

Thanks again.

You may be surprised on that kitchen or bathroom sink thing. I had no idea that mine unscrewed like that until I bought a python and tried to hook it up.

Back
Top Bottom