QT time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
All
As some of you have seen my posts, I have a new tang I got from a friend and has been in QT since 12/11. As of today I have seen no signs of disease, ick or anything. Im thinking of moving the fish to the main this weekend which will be a month. Reason for this is the inability to test for levels such as ammonia. I have tried like 4 test kits and all of them give me different readings. I do not want to lose what appears to be a healthy fish on the account of this. However the fish appears to be ok and not stressed. It is eating and swimming just like it should.
So my question is I know most people like 6 weeks QT time...does anyone feel uncomfortable with 4 weeks? Is this to short? I have a regal that was in QT some years ago and was in there 3 weeks with no signs of ick and then a huge outbreak. I would think since they are most prone to ick, this would be a case to prove even more that this yellow tang I have in QT now should be fine.

Most say 4 at a minimum. I would do 6. I have a flame angel in QT right that I got about the same time as you. I will do 6-8 but I am in the of a basement remodel so I might wait longer.

It is your call buy you are at the minimum time. Maybe hold out for 1 more week :)

It`s really up to you. I personally think he would be OK. Yellow tangs are not as prone to ick as other tangs. If we were talking about a powder blue or a Hippo tang then I would wait a few more weeks. But this is JMO.

Not sure why you can't get a good read on nh3 but it's probably safe at this point to add to the main.

Back
Top Bottom