Quad 39w T5HO on 180L

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leebaker98

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, looking for some input- been running a quad t5ho fitting (4x39w t5ho tubes) on my 180L planted tank for a year now and now wanted to start looking at some more complex plants, CO2 etc and "assumed" I had up near a couple wpg, only to realise I'm falling short of even 1wpg. Have I got this right?

Just occurred to me I was confusing litres with uk gallons, duh!

With T5HO's you go by Par not watts per gallon which is very outdated. With that lighting you can grow just about any plant.

Cheers Rivercats, obv still a lot more learning for me in this area of fish keeping, but thanks for that. Will get back to reading :)

Happy to say 4 days into CO2 and drop checker is green, most plants continuously pearling at a slow an even rate throughout photoperiod and most already having a noticeable growth. Really enjoying this new branch of FW, totally subdued my itch to have a go at marine. Now lookin up info an recommends on best EI ferts to continue since am just on shop bought liquids...

Back
Top Bottom