Quantine tank setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lshann14

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am ready to setup my quarantine tank and need to know what all to buy.
I want this to be a permanent tank to setup.
How large do I need the quarantine tank to be if I have an 80 gallon?
Any help needed
Thanks

I use a 20 gallon long with a small hang on back filter filled with poly-fill (found at craft stores) to add some flow I place the HOB on my main tank a week before setting up the QT this seeds the poly-fill and helps with the ammo/trites If you plan to leave it set up you'll need to blind feed it to keep the BB alive Add a small heater and a few pieces of PVC joints for the fish to hide in

Yup, that video pretty much sums it up. I'm currently using a 5G QT for my 17G nano. Just make sure to be on top of your water changes and test frequently.

Just got a 20 gallon with H.O.B and heater and LED's
I bought saltwater from Petco ( which claims to be ready to go) how long do I need to wait before I can put a fish in to quarantine?

Attachments

• image-2772174715.jpg
    image-2772174715.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 146
Just got a 20 gallon with H.O.B and heater and LED's I bought saltwater from Petco ( which claims to be ready to go) how long do I need to wait before I can put a fish in to quarantine?
What do you plan on doing with new fish? Just observe it for couple weeks or preventatively treat it with medication?

Just got a 20 gallon with H.O.B and heater and LED's
I bought saltwater from Petco ( which claims to be ready to go) how long do I need to wait before I can put a fish in to quarantine?

Wait until the temp is stable then acclimate the new fish to that tank Keep a close eye on the parameters

Ok Thankyou

What should I put in the tank for my fish to feel comfortable in?
Some say PVC some say nothing.
Any help needed thanks.

Ok Can I just buy it at hardware store? How large for a 3" tang

Yes, just make sure to clean it well. They don't necessarily have to fit inside, they can just hide behind it. Try to get a decent size.

Here's my QT just to give you an idea.

Attachments

• image-2313430399.jpg
    image-2313430399.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 115
I tried this and I couldnt get my pvc pipes to sink. Anyone know why?

Were the pipes schedule 40? My guess is if they weren't and you got the cheap stuff then they are less dense than schedule 40 and there is a chance they may float. Just a thought, I haven't tested out my theory.

Back
Top Bottom