Quarantine tank setup question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turbosnail

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am getting my quarantine tank finished today, and wanted to see if I have the right idea. The fish that I am getting is a coral beauty.

I have a ten gallon tank, heater, some pvc pipe cutouts for hiding places and a biowheel filter that has ben running on my display for a few months now. Also I have covered three sides of the tank with black plastic. I am putting water in the tank today, can I buy my fish on sat or do I need to do anything else? Any advice would be appreciated.

Sounds exactly like mine except mine has a simple sponge filter. I just set mine up a few weeks ago. Still waiting for my LFS to order my fish though haha

You may want to try putting the filter on this tank for a few days just to be safe the bacteria is established.

I think people usually blackout the bottom because it reflects? I agree with fishkeeper also to. Add the biowheel and then do an ammonia test with fishfood tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom