Question about adding fish to planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wtayjay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, I've got a question for ya. I have a freshly cycled, heavily planted 29 gallon. I am determined to put some Celestial Pearl Danios in there, but it looks like the only way I'm going to be able to get those is online. I figure it's probably safe to add 2 or 3 at a time, but I was wondering if it's possible to add 6 (since they're so small)? I would rather not have to pay for shipping live fish twice. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In my opinion, if you have cycled your tank at 4ppm ammonia correctly, 6 C.P. Danios at once is fine for a 27g tank.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In my opinion, if you have cycled your tank at 4ppm ammonia correctly, 6 C.P. Danios at once is fine for a 27g tank.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the advice!!

Yeah should be fine. What else do you plan on stocking the tank with?

Well after I build up a school of 8-10 I would like to get a small school of Oreichthys cosuatis. Those are hard to get though. The only place I've ever found them is aquabid

Well after I build up a school of 8-10 I would like to get a small school of Oreichthys cosuatis. Those are hard to get though. The only place I've ever found them is aquabid

Cool, they look like groovy little barbs. How big is the tank If you don't mind me asking. Have you considered a badis species like Scarlett badis. They inhabit the same region are just as cool and a great "show piece" pair of fish that are really peaceful.

This looks like a double thread and maybe the mods can merge the posts (same topic started at 4:05 AM and 4:34 AM).

This looks like a double thread and maybe the mods can merge the posts (same topic started at 4:05 AM and 4:34 AM).

It was. I had no idea how to delete it :(

Cool, they look like groovy little barbs. How big is the tank If you don't mind me asking. Have you considered a badis species like Scarlett badis. They inhabit the same region are just as cool and a great "show piece" pair of fish that are really peaceful.

30 gallon. I don't think I've ever seen those before but I really like them! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom