Question about adding Tangs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelso

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently upgraded to a 125 gal tank. Transferred from a 70 gal. So far everything seems to be doing great, might do one more round of dr Tim's one and only for assurance.

My question is, a long time ago I saw a video of a beautiful tank with a group of tangs that schooled together. I want to achieve the same thing. So should I add all the tangs at once or can I add them one at a time. Also I remember the owner of my lfs telling me, when I owned a purple tang and was looking to buy a yellow, that the purple tang might attack and to watch them for a few days after adding him. So which tangs work the best together?

I think that only one tang would be appropriate for a 125. 2 max (some have 3), but you shouldn't put a whole school (I'm imagining 5 or more :eek:). And yes, it's best to add them all at once so that they can claim their territories. If you're wanting a school of the same species, I'd say you need more than a 300 gallon tank for that. Otherwise, get 1 or 2 with different body shapes, so they don't fight.

Back
Top Bottom