question about base rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criptix

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am starting from the very beginning and I have chosen to a FOWLER.I have heard and I was told by a fe members on the site that base rock can turn into live rock.Do I have to wait to add base rock or can I add it at the same time I add my live rock?I was told base rock is less expensive and I want a nice tank but don't want to spend a fortune.I have chosen Tukani live rock and I will have a 36 gallon tank.

You can add base rock and live rock in at the same time. Or at anytime for that matter. The live rock will seed the base rock and in time, turn the base into live rock.

What does it mean when a description says the lr needs medium lighting?

No light needed for live rock! Unless you have corals or macro algae on it thar you want to live, but that's not the rock. I use cheap lace rock for my base rock. Cheap and looks great! It can be added at anytime just rinse well before adding it. Get all the dirt and moss or whatever off of it.

Sorry it must have been something else I was looking at that needed medium light. I have been looking at so many sites in regards to equip and aqua scape that I got a little mixed up. :huh:.Thanks for your advice and comments!

Criptix said:
Sorry it must have been something else I was looking at that needed medium light. I have been looking at so many sites in regards to equip and aqua scape that I got a little mixed up. :huh:.Thanks for your advice and comments!

Anytime!

Back
Top Bottom