question about feeding angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I usually feed my fish once in the morning and once at night. Well, I decided to try an experiment and I skipped the morning feeding time. My angel fish has been begging all day for food, and when I finally fed the fish this evening, the angel acted like I hadn't fed him in a week. He practically came out of the water to get at the food. This scared me a bit. Are angels just more hungry than other fish and is it ok to just feed them once a day? I guess I am just not sure if he NEEDS the food or if he is just greedy.

Our angels only get fed once a day. We have had them for years successfully. They may not grow as fast as if you fed more often but they will live just fine. BTW: our angels always act like they are hungry, in fact, all our fish do, that is just how fish are if they get used to you feeding them...

They don't need it though and if you feed twice a day, it just adds to your nitrates in the tank which is a bad thing...

Yeah, you don't have anything to worry about--as soon as I walk in the door my fish swarm to the front of the aquarium like maniacs (and the aquarium is 15 feet away from the front door!) You'd think that they've never been fed before, though they probably eat better than I do.

my angle is always begging, even after a big helping of blood worms :roll: . I think it is just important to give them a variety of food when they are growing to help their little bodies, but they don't need food twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom