Question about food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can someone help explain this caution label on new life spectrums flake food? I I have been feeding this to my juvenile cichlids, ( firemouth, krib, angels, and now a buffalo head ) ... Id say they range from 2-4 inches. Should I be feeding them pellets too? I do every now and then but not as much as flakes. The tetras that are also in the tank can't eat the pellets. I'm sure when the cichlids get bigger they might not even last! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387476483.811101.jpg

Sound to me like it's telling you if you to feed you larger fish pellets because the flakes don't provide enough

Get NLS thera a + garlic in 1mm sinking pellets. I was feeding some flakes for my dithers (Red tail Rasboras) but they found out that if they grab a pellet and hold it until it starts to get soft it will break and they can eat it too. They wont even touch the flakes now. Also the pellets get eaten completely where as flakes can crumble and lay in the substrate or get sucked in the filter. I feel the pellets are better all around.

Get NLS thera a + garlic in 1mm sinking pellets. I was feeding some flakes for my dithers (Red tail Rasboras) but they found out that if they grab a pellet and hold it until it starts to get soft it will break and they can eat it too. They wont even touch the flakes now. Also the pellets get eaten completely where as flakes can crumble and lay in the substrate or get sucked in the filter. I feel the pellets are better all around.

I do feed NLS cichlid pellets, they are pretty tiny but they still can't fit in my tetras mouth... They usually hold them and spit them back out :/

I do feed NLS cichlid pellets, they are pretty tiny but they still can't fit in my tetras mouth... They usually hold them and spit them back out :/

Soak them in a cup with tank water for a few mins. Then pour the food in, this will make the pellets soft.

Alright I'll try that! I just order some NLF small fish formula pellets that are .5 mm so that should be good for them

Are you sure they are spitting the whole pellet or is it the half that wont fit in their mouth. I thought this too with the rasboras but when i watched closer it was only half. the other half was grabbed by another one. but you may be right with yours.

Back
Top Bottom