Question about hap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
go to advanced search, click the paperclip image and select the add files or whatever it says. there is then a blue pop-up saying upload files and browse. find the pictures in your documents using this browse and add them, then click upload.
click off the pop-up, then click on the paperclip again. click insert all and the attatchments should be on there x x

For some reason it won't let me probably cuz it's on my iPhone I will just add them to my photos on my profile u can check em out there. Sorry :(

Figured it out lol went to my app

Attachments

• image-2322092529.jpg
    image-2322092529.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 56
  • image-1355482455.jpg
    image-1355482455.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image-3953162301.jpg
    image-3953162301.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 56
what are you feeding her?

she isnt holding sorry, but she has stunning colour!
and that is a handsome hap! i wonder what would happen if they spawned. wierd mix.

They both eat cichlid pellets, but I am going to get some different pellets tomorrow for her she has gone down but she is still bloated so I think that the food I have still has to much protein. I figured she wasn't holding cuz her belly is fat and not under her mouth. Is there a way to tell the male and female labs apart? My Hap is my baby blue I have had him for three or four months when I first got him he was the ugly brown color but his color has come in beautiful he loves to show off for me :) okay so the babies of the lab and Hap would come out with color? Or is there a chance the babies will have no color because they are different. One mbuna and a non mbuna. Will that effect the spawning, will they even spawn since they are different?

Okay since mine is still small it's hard to tell but I think my lab is a male. There is a black line it's just very light right now. So with the labs the females will never have black on the fins? Or is there a possibility that female may have a black line on fin?

From what I understand the black stripe on the dorsal fin will be there with male and female. But the ventral fins will be very dark on males.

Yes, belly fins! Hahaha I would say you have a female lab!!

Cool now just can't wait to see if they have babies and what the are going to look like :) the will be some crazy looking babies if they have color. I was reading some stuff last nite came across something that said if u mix cichlids and they have babies moat of the time they won't have all the pretty color like parents. I hope that ain't the case if so I might split them up into different tanks and get them mates. Do know have any info about crossbreeding that could help me out?

It's been proven in other threads that the only way to get a real sexing of the Labs is to vent them. You take them out of the water and look at their private parts to identify. Sometimes females can actually establish black fins, and sometimes males don't have strong black fins.

You most likely do have a female, but there are definitely cases where they can look like one another

Back
Top Bottom