Question about lighting...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishygurl

Aquarium Advice Freak
OK, i was wondering about this lighting fixture:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=13637&N=2004+113345
A couple things.....:
I cant figure out if it has to actinic bulbs and two normal bulbs, or four regular compact flourescent bulbs. Does anybody know?

Also, if it does come with actinic bulbs can you just replace them with regular bulbs?

Does anybody have this lighting system? If so, what do you think of it?

I'm just looking around, I dont know what size tank i am going to get yet.

Thanks in advance,

Alexa

"Includes Dual Daylight 6,700°K/10,000°K and Dual Actinic 420 nanometer and 460 nanometer bulbs. Square pin system."

So 50/50ish.. you can probably get anothr fixture cheaper then buying a new bulb to go with your new fixture..

I picked one up from AP.com and it's working well, but I've heard mixed reviews. AFAIK the coralife are pretty good fixtures.

It has two bulbs. One is a 50/50 dual daylight and one 50/50 actinic. I would assume you could change it out.

HTH

That would be a 2 bulb system, yes. One is a dual actinic bulb, and the other is dual daylight. You should replace the actinic with either a regular daylight bulb or another dual daylight.

Back
Top Bottom