Question about my Betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bevoholic

Aquarium Advice Freak
I moved my Betta out of his horrible water in the 1g and into the 5g, but now he's flaring his gills every time he sees his reflection. I know that they would normally do this if another mail was present, but he never did it in the 1g.

Should I be worried?

Did you introduce him to the tank with the light on or off? I've heard it's better to do it when it's off let's then settle in easier. So maybe switch off the light for a little while and let him relax and get use to his surrounding? My Bettas will flare up sometimes as soon as I put on the light going crazy with their reflection but they calm down after a few seconds.

Did you introduce him to the tank with the light on or off? I've heard it's better to do it when it's off let's then settle in easier. So maybe switch off the light for a little while and let him relax and get use to his surrounding? My Bettas will flare up sometimes as soon as I put on the light going crazy with their reflection but they calm down after a few seconds.

I left the light on...It's on a timer, but I guess I should go switch it off. I guess in the old tank (which was acrylic) it didn't show his reflection as bad as the glass one.

Maybe so! I hope my suggestion helps ya out. If not I'm sure someone with more experience should have some words of advice. Good luck! I hope your betta settles in. He should love the 5g. I know both of mine did when I upgraded them to 5g tanks.

Maybe so! I hope my suggestion helps ya out. If not I'm sure someone with more experience should have some words of advice. Good luck! I hope your betta settles in. He should love the 5g. I know both of mine did when I upgraded them to 5g tanks.

Thanks! I know he's already more happy. He's moving around a lot more now. Plus he's moving from an unheated tank into one with a heater. The water is about 80 right now, but it's on it's way down to around 77.

It's pretty normal behavior. He still will most likely do it off and on even after getting adjusted to the new tank. Of our three one really hates that other Betta looking in his tank... lol.

Back
Top Bottom